Sunday, August 3, 2008

Optimus Prime - Movie Leader (Takara-Tomy)

The Transformers movie based toys were sold by both Hasbro and Takara-Tomy. Both companies are essentially selling the same thing. With one difference. Takara-Tomy tend to sell better quality toys. In short, better sculpt and paintjob. Don't ask me why but Hasbro tend to lag behind when it comes to quality. I had my original Movie Leader version of Optimus Prime from Takara-Tomy and I can tell you that the painjob from Hasbro is no match to Takara-Tomy's version. Prime is majestic in his flames and he looks really good. To a lot of people, Transformers is Optimus Prime and Optimus Prime is Transformers. I am no different. I don't want to go into detail about the transformation process because it is quite complex yet totally cool. A great toy.












No comments: