Saturday, February 14, 2009

Darth Vader - Sith Apprentice (Lords Of The Sith - 12-inch Sideshow)

I still remember the first time I saw Star Wars. It was The Empire Strikes Back and that had to be the first time I went to the cinema proper. I was still baffled by the cliffhanger ending in which Luke lost his wrist. Anyway, at the time it came out around the same time with one of the Superman movies and Star Wars kicked Superman's backside, big time.

This is my first Star Wars 1:6 figure. I got this and Darth Maul because it was on a year-end clearance sale. Decent price, but not spectacular.

The same goes to Anakin (in the process of turning into Darth Vader). This figure is OK. Not spetacular. I am quite miffed with the quality of the rubber suit. The rubber bits are dropping off like flies. Maybe it is the temperature and humidity here. Maybe it is just piss-poor quality. Shite. Anyway, I prefer Anakin in the cloak. By the way, the red evil zombie-like eye rules!